AFK training and why you're probably doing it wrong...!

Chip Dump

Just a really quick guide on how to AFK train efficiently, as from what I've seen in game very few people actually use this Runelite plugin while afk'ing. 

Using sand crabs as an example, by turning on the area lines in "NPC Aggression Timer" you can see how far you need to run and where to reset aggression. It's not necessary, as most people do, to go the whole length of the minimap away and back; you only need to step outside the box. 

With the timer on the right-hand side, if you know you're going to be stepping away from your PC for any length of time and your timer's going to run out, you can quickly go in and out of the box and reset yourself for another 10 minutes of aggression. Most of the time, it's not necessary to run more than 8 tiles away. Here I can literally step one tile and back to reset my aggression.

You can alt+tab out of your screen and Runelite will pop it back up to the top, or give you a notification, for when your aggression has expired.

It obviously works for any NPC that is automatically aggressive to you (incl. many slayer monsters) and in pk spots with NPCs (like edge dungeon) tells you when and in which area will become unaggressive to NPCs. Happy AFK'ing!

emnRZIv.png

Next box: 

ZSLdgzR.png

Edited by Chip Dump
2 minutes ago, Marty7 said:

ye i cant believe ppl dont know about this legit everry1 i speak to at crabs doesnt use this..

That and not under any circumstances use dragon sword, as vig chainmace has the same stats as d scim and can be used without MM.

3 hours ago, Chip Dump said:

Just a really quick guide on how to AFK train efficiently, as from what I've seen in game very few people actually use this Runelite plugin while afk'ing. 

Using sand crabs as an example, by turning on the area lines in "NPC Aggression Timer" you can see how far you need to run and where to reset aggression. It's not necessary, as most people do, to go the whole length of the minimap away and back; you only need to step outside the box. 

With the timer on the right-hand side, if you know you're going to be stepping away from your PC for any length of time and your timer's going to run out, you can quickly go in and out of the box and reset yourself for another 10 minutes of aggression. Most of the time, it's not necessary to run more than 8 tiles away. Here I can literally step one tile and back to reset my aggression.

You can alt+tab out of your screen and Runelite will pop it back up to the top, or give you a notification, for when your aggression has expired.

It obviously works for any NPC that is automatically aggressive to you (incl. many slayer monsters) and in pk spots with NPCs (like edge dungeon) tells you when and in which area will become unaggressive to NPCs. Happy AFK'ing!

emnRZIv.png

Next box: 

ZSLdgzR.png

Best places to afk any sort of crab haha. Is there a guide anywhere? 

1 hour ago, Alfiho said:

Been using this for a  couple days now, cant believe I've never known about this

Glad it could help 😉

1 hour ago, Chip Dump said:

Glad it could help 😉

Do you know if theres a way to reset the boxes? So it goes back to the 1 tile reset box?

1 hour ago, Alfiho said:

Do you know if theres a way to reset the boxes? So it goes back to the 1 tile reset box?

They change each time. The boxes just show the shortest possible trip you can go to reset your timer. In my post above, you can see what my second box looks like.

4 minutes ago, Chip Dump said:

They change each time. The boxes just show the shortest possible trip you can go to reset your timer. In my post above, you can see what my second box looks like.

Yeah I know, but its cool, I've actually found a decent rotation so it ends back up with a 1 tile reset after like 3 resets.